I could feel an idea trying to bubble up to the surface today, but it never quite popped its way onto the page. I tried to tease it out with a 15-minute free write session, but I never managed to get it right. Something tells me it’ll turn up this week.
Here’s how it started:
— UNEDITED FIRST DRAFT —
“I’m so in love with my little writing life that I can barely describe the feeling.”
a) not a well-written sentence
b) not a good statement for a writer to make as it’s our job to describe the “indescribable.”
FREE-WRITE: While focusing on the feeling I get when reading the above sentence, I write down every word that comes to mind without worrying if they make any sense.
– writing makes me feel free
– writing is my creative outlet
– following words brings me to new places
– words carry me to unseen places I never expected
– unseen word combinations excite me
– words carry me to infinite unseen places which fill my heart with joy
– the act of creating something with words connects me to a deeper place of satisfied joy
– I’ve fallen in love with my little writing life
– words fill my heart
– the infinite combination
– something as simple as words
– word by word
– undescribable –> indescribable
– as I follow the words that appear to come through me, a new kind of freedom is found
– I feel most free when I follow the words that appear to come through me
Hmmm… Nothing’s sticking so I’m going to blend some paint for a bit. Maybe a bit of comparative play will help me find my thoughts.
Follow me on Instagram @onemomswords for Day 18 to see if my idea finally surfaces.
This is a new blog: no purpose yet, no images yet, no clear sense yet; just words, lots of tangled words.