I read through my previous posts today. Not an easy task and I winced as I read over the many mistakes I’d made. Publishing unedited first drafts and leaving them up for the world to see, is hard on the confidence.
Some errors were easier to forgive than others, but these were too much to ignore. The following is a list of mistakes I’d like to ban from all future writing:
– Talk of being tired: I’m embarrassed at how many times I wrote of being tired. Who wants to read a post about another tired mom?
– The words: although or even though. I use these too much.
– Using the passive voice: no matter how busy I am, I should never move forward until I’ve rewritten any passive voice sentences.
– Saying: “one of my favorite parts of” : Too many words; I need to be less insecure and just say what I mean.
– Replace: “I feel like”; I can find better words than this.
– My thoughts still come our quite choppy. There are too many paragraphs, and I’m not giving myself enough time to finish my thoughts. I should focus on good paragraphs instead of good posts; I think I’m trying to cover too much in too little time.
I don’t always know how to correct my mistakes, but at least I can spot them more easily.
Follow me on Instagram @onemomswords for Day 11 of my #100DayChallenge to see how I turn my first blog posts into something a little less terrible.
This is a new blog: no branding yet, no pictures yet, no writing voice yet, no newsletter yet. Just words. Lots of garbage words.